Overcoming custody issues for unmarried parents
Even though there are more parents who are unmarried than ever, some states still lack laws that address legal repercussions that impact unmarried couples who have children properly.
Hertz Schram works to settle any confusion you may have about your rights. We have advised clients from different walks of life and can accustom our legal leadership to best fit your particular situation.
Families in America are changing and can suffer when those changes go unrecognised by the law. We hope to bring peace of mind and sound advice here at Hertz Schram. Reach us at (248) 609-3014
The laws that affect unmarried parents are complex. We can help you understand the options, strategies and legal rights for unmarried parents concerned with:
- DNA and paternity testing
- Custody orders
- The ramifications that come from a couple’s separation
- Child adoption for unmarried couples
- Government benefits for your child
- The comes after a parent decides to be in a relationship with someone who isn’t the child’s parent.
- Representation of the child on tax returns
If you are coparenting from an unmarried position, you deserve to be educated on your legal role in your child’s life. As your attorneys, Hertz Schram communicates with you as a client throughout the researching process and sound solutions we formulate. Contact our office for a consultation so that we may further address your legal needs.(248) 609-3014