Southeast Michigan Tax Law Attorneys
Almost every transaction creates a tax consequence. The tax attorneys at Hertz Schram draw upon their significant tax experience to help our clients assess their goals and meet their objectives. They are experienced in federal, state and local taxation and the effect they have on both individual and business transactions as well as the planning of a client's estate with regard to wealth transfer issues and business succession. Our tax attorneys represent clients at all stages of tax audits and controversies, including the administrative process, appeals, and the judicial level. They work closely with all of the firm's practice groups to ensure that all potential tax consequences from the services they provide are considered and evaluated. Our tax attorneys include an attorney with an LL.M in Taxation from NYU, a certified public accountant and a former Internal Revenue Service Agent. We believe we have all bases covered.
E-mail us or call us at (248) 494-4486.
The tax services we provide include the following:
- Planning the appropriate choice of entity (corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships) and tax elections as they effect the choice of entity
- Equity, debt and combination investments
- Compensation arrangements and employee benefit plans
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Redemptions, distributions and recapitalizations for corporations
- Sales and exchanges of assets and stock
- Real estate taxation
- Tax-free property exchanges
- Divorce structuring
- Federal and state audits
- IRS appeals and state administrative proceedings
- Litigation in both federal and state courts of tax issues
- Collection matters including arranging installment payment arrangements or offers in compromise
- Property tax appeals for real and personal property
- Obtaining tax exemption classification for nonprofits and charitable organizations
To speak with one of our tax attorneys about your specific issue, e-mail us or call us at (248) 494-4486.