Alexander Stotland is a partner at Hertz Schram with significant experience in counseling and representing clients in business and complex litigation matters, including contract, business tort, business organization and dissolution, intellectual property, licensing, banking and real estate disputes. He has also counseled and represented both employers and employees in disputes concerning restrictive covenants, trade secrets, raiding, unfair competition, and other employment issues. He writes and lectures about these subjects. He has successfully represented clients in bench and jury trials and appeals before federal and state courts, as well as in arbitration, mediation and administrative proceedings.
Mr. Stotland is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell, the highest possible rating in both legal ability and legal ethics. He has for years been recognized as a top lawyer in commercial litigation, trade secret law and commercial law by dbusiness Magazine.
Mr. Stotland serves as the Hearing Officer for the City of Birmingham, Michigan. He has also served on numerous community and civil rights organizations, including as a National Delegate and the Michigan Regional Board Chair of the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).
Mr. Stotland earned his law degree in 1998 from the Hofstra University School of Law, and practiced law in New York City prior to moving his practice to Michigan in 2005. Prior to practicing law, he worked in the banking sector. He is a member of the State Bars of Michigan and New York, and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York. He is also fluent in the Russian language.
- Michigan, 2005
- New York, 1999
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 1998
- Honors: Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Honors: Dean's List, Moot Court
- Hofstra University School of Business, Hempstead, New York
- B.B.A. - 1994
- Major: International Business
- Major: Marketing
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Michigan Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Oakland County Chapter
Past Employment Positions
- Maddin Hauser Wartell Roth & Heller, PC, 2005 - 2011
- Rand Rosenzweig Radley & Gordon, LLP, 2000 - 2005
- Chaikin & Chaikin, PC, 1998 - 2000