Hertz Schram Intellectual Property Law Group
The law firm of Hertz Schram has over three decades of experience protecting our clients' intellectual property rights, representing many prominent national and international brands, ranging from individuals, to corporations, to book authors and rock stars.
Our team is trained to help you recognize your valuable intellectual property rights, and to protect them, through an array of traditional and innovative methods.
Hertz Schram's results-oriented Intellectual Property Team represents our clients in a diverse collection of industries including art, architecture, advertising, music, sports, television, film, fashion, financial services, automotive, electronics, medical, technology, ecommerce, consumer products, restaurant/hospitality and travel.
Our attorneys can assist with all intellectual property matters including rights of privacy issues, trademark and copyright registration, protection from infringement, maintenance of registrations, licensing, enforcement and litigation to protect our clients' brand. Hertz Schram's Intellectual Property Team works closely with our other practice groups to provide client-specific, fully integrated legal advice and counseling.
The Experience and Creativity You Need
We are experienced in enforcing trademark, copyright, trade secrets, confidentiality and restrictive covenants, and are skilled in aggressively defending our clients in high stakes battles involving temporary restraining orders (TRO), preliminary and permanent injunctions. We understand the big picture and the value of your intellectual property.
Hertz Schram's intellectual property team can provide a wide array of services to clients including:
- Maximizing trade secret protection
- Comprehensive trademark and/or copyright portfolio management
- Trademark and copyright litigation, including defending claims of infringement
- Filing and prosecuting trademark applications with the US Patent & Trademark Office
- Filing applications for copyright registration
- Securing copyright reversions
- Drafting and negotiating trademark and copyright licenses, assignments, joint ventures and other intellectual property-related partnerships
- Drafting and enforcing confidentiality, non-disclosure, non circumvention and non-compete agreements, including those related to employment agreements
- Enforcing trademark, copyright, trade secrets, confidentiality and restrictive covenants, in federal and state courts, including temporary restraining orders (TRO), preliminary and permanent injunctions
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act compliance and enforcement
- Royalty determination and collection
- Compliance with e-commerce laws and regulations
- Protecting domain names, "cyber-squatting" and other internet related issues
The commercial litigation team at Hertz Schram has represented Michigan businesses since 1979. Our vibrant business law practice has helped hundreds of innovative local companies prevent and remove roadblocks to their success.
For more information about our IP practice, contact us online or call us at 248-494-4486 for a consultation about your case.