Hertz Schram, P.C. provides useful information that individuals can use as they decide about their legal options. Click on the links below to review articles about legal issues. Visit our In the News page to see media coverage of Hertz Schram and its attorneys.
This section contains information on transactional and litigation-related topics that businesses of all sizes may face.
- Personal Goodwill - An Opportunity to Recognize LTCG and Avoid Double Taxation
- Prosecuting business defamation claims: Where the common law and the defamation statute intersect (Michigan Business Law Journal)
- Preventing security breaches: Best practices under Michigan's new notification law (Michigan Computer Lawyer)
Employment & Securities Litigation
- Unique Aspects of Litigating Federal False Claims Act Cases
- CitiGroup decision
- Federal insider trading lawsuit has links to Michigan
- Court confirms difference between Ponzi schemes, intentional misconduct
- An introduction to the SEC's whistleblower program
- Humphrey v. United Way of the Texas Gulf Coast (class action settlement)
- Walgreens Pharmacy chain pays $7.9 million to resolve false prescription billing case
- IRS whistleblower
- Campbell v. DHS: The Michigan Court of Appeals resolves Garg's open question and the result is "Mmm Mmm Good" for plaintiffs
This section contains information related to family law, divorce and custody.
Criminal Defense & White Collar Crimes
This section includes information about drunk driving accusations and mortgage/insurance fraud.
- New software may mean more criminal charges in Oakland County, Michigan
- State representative charged with drunk driving
- Michigan cracks down on "super" drunk drivers
- Michigan police participate in three-day drunk driving crackdown
- Michigan police officer accused of drunk driving
- New state law makes mortgage fraud a felony
- Photo finished: Calling into question Michigan's roadside driver's license confiscation law (Michigan Bar Journal)
This section includes information about personal injury claims in Michigan such as car accidents, nursing home negligence and the Kalamazoo River oil spill.
- Enbridge consolidated class action complaint and jury demand
- Enbridge class action complaint and jury demand
- Kalamazoo River oil spill health hazards
- Enbridge Energy pipeline oil spill data sheet
- Michigan Supreme Court reviews auto insurance "one-year-back" limits
- Michigan Transportation Institute sees rise in traffic fatalities
- Survey shows cellphone users more likely to be risky drivers
- Nursing home negligence: The potential danger of improper bed rails
- Sterling Oil class action settlement agreement
- Notice to class members of Sterling Oil lawsuit
- Sterling Oil class action complaint
Intellectual Property & Entertainment Law
This section has information about Entertainment Law and copyright issues.